The whole generation
Few people know that the script of the Star Wars saga has been changed many times and things we all love now could have been different. The significance of the Star Wars in the modern culture is difficult to overestimate. This saga is like a living organism; generations all over the world grew up on these films.
The captivating facts
Here are the most interesting facts you have never heard about:
- Master Yoda is one of the most popular heroes of the “Star Wars”, a great warrior in prequels. Initially, “Yoda” was a surname, and the name of the wizard was supposed to be “Munch”, but then Lucas changed his mind and realized that just “Yoda” would work better.
- The Millennium Falcon ship was invented by Lucas in a snack bar. He decided that a hamburger with an olive is a great prototype for the creation of a spaceship.
- The most time-consuming part of the picture to shoot was a scene where Han Solo freezes the Imperial stormtroopers. It was very long and complex. At the end of the scene Leia was supposed to say Han: “I love you.” But the scene was redone several times, and Harrison Ford changed the words “I love you too” to “I know”. Lucas figured it sounded much better and decided to leave it as it was.
- Justin Timberlake almost starred in the “Star Wars”. The information about this fact was available on the Internet in 2001, but it turned out to be a story made up by the daughter of George Lucas. She was a fan of Justin Timberlake and begged his father to find the opportunity for Justin to take part in the process.
- Harrison Ford deliberately failed to learn his monologue for a comlink in the prison unit where Princess Leia was, so that this scene looked more realistic and natural.
- Stuart Freeborn, a British makeup artist, created the images of characters in the Star Wars trilogy. Stuart created Yoda doll that looked like himself adding the wrinkles of Albert Einstein.
- Peter Mayhew, who worked as an orderly, got the part of Chewbacca due to his huge height (2.18 m). Lucas’ dog who was sitting in the front seat of the car inspired him to invent the image of Chewbacca and, as for the name, it was invented on the basis of the Russian word “dog”.
- Each actor who had a lightsaber in the film could choose the color of it himself. Basically, everybody took blue, red or green, but Mace Windu had a sword of an unusual violet color. Samuel L.Jackson thought that such a lightsaber would look funny.
- After scrolling all the titles at the end of the film, you can hear Darth Vader’s ominous breath as a veiled threat.
- The “Star Wars” could be called differently. It was the fact that the 20th Century Fox film studio was dissatisfied with the title of the picture believing it carried negative connotation. There was a competition for the best version of the title for the picture. The crew and actors tried to invent something intriguing. But nobody could come up with anything new and interesting. The producers decided to leave the name the “Star Wars”.